Sunday, April 3, 2011

A moment of love


You're probably wondering why there is a picture of a dead fish on my blog. Well let me tell you that he was the best fish I ever had. The story goes that just after Ry Guy left I started to hang out with this really sweet boy named Cade. He liked me for some strange reason that to this day I still cannot understand. But he did. One night we were randomly texting each other and I mentioned to him that my favorite of most favorite animals is a gold fish. He then asked if I wanted one, you know like the 68 cent ones from Walmart. Well as you can see by his size this was not a cheap fish. It cost five whole dollars. But Cade liked me and he wanted to get me this fish as a present. He says I tricked him into it but he's wrong. Cade did not have to buy me the fish if he did not want to, but he thought I was adorable ;) and who could blame him. So naturally I wanted to name my fish after someone famous. Marilyn Manson, McJagger, Lewis and or Clark, so I finally settled and named the fish Chester Copperpot after the great 80's treasure explorer who tragically died while trying to find One-Eyed Willy's famous treasure, in the 1985 Warner Brothers classic "The Goonies" - which also happens to be one of my favorite movies of ALL time. I loved that fish and he lived for almost 9 months, and he went through a lot! And when I say a lot I just mean this one time I was changing his water and he fell down the kitchen drain. But don't worry, my aunt fished him out. Ha get it "fished" him out, see what I did there? Sadly, one morning I went to feed good old pepperpot (thats what my dad called him) and he had passed on. But don't worry, my theory is that Chester is up there being taken care of by Heath Ledger and when I die and go to heaven, I'll marry sweet Heath and we will be a happy little family.

4 comments:

  1. We'll have a moment of silence in remembrance of your dear Pepperpot. Luvs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the goonies. sorry about your fish but at least sexy heath will take care of him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would love the Goonies. I can totally hear your voice saying "See what I did there" ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete