Wednesday, March 23, 2011

assaulted by Grandma

A few days ago, and by a few days ago, I clearly mean like 3 months ago when school started, I was at MCC the Dobson campus sitting against a brick wall eating my lunch. A sweet older lady walks past me. She slows her walking, more so then a normal 80 year old, turns to me and says:

Grandma-Awe thats a nice seat

Me-(sweet smile) yeah it is!

Grandma-I bet I could beat you up for it

Me-(tense smile with a tiny laugh)....wait what

Grandma-yeah I bet if I mugged you, you wouldn't be sitting there

Me-(awkward and slightly nervous) haha...ha ha

I couldn't tell if she was serious or not. Was she kidding or would she really beat me up? The spot was not even that good! 96% of me thinks that I could take her, that was my first thought. Then 8% wonders if I could really hit an elderly person, and the other 15% thinks the entire situation is absurd and uncalled for. She walked away after making the comment as if it were rational commentary that could be placed in any similar situation. I can't make this stuff up. This is my life.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha there is no way that equals all 100% of you. But I guess if anyone deserves to have 119% of themself it's you

    ReplyDelete