Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dream Catcher

sorry this is a long one

"I had a dream about you last night..." 86% of my stories start that way. But you see, pretty much anyone who has hung out with me for longer than a day knows this. The reason: my dreams always consist of real people. Very few of my dreams are like, "yeah me and a group of totally random strangers formed a union and stormed the white house." No no my dreams are, but of course, always interesting and strange and usually do not make sense, however, they always involve people who I am hanging out with at the time. The best part about having dreams almost every night is that the next day I get to tell the person in my dream that they were in fact part of that particular dream and I get to witness a glorious reaction.

Nic: SWEET TELL ME TELL ME
Breezy: Oh Boy....Hey yeah I had a dream about you too!
Danny Boy: ;) We won't tell Bri
Kris:...HAHA what was it?
Shan Man: KRISTI!!!!
Cam: You would
Tay Tay: Naturally
Lay: Again..
Crat/Lash: Was JB there too?
The Fam: What else is new?
                           -Mookie: Did I die?

To which I laugh and explain with intimate detail the contents of my dream that night. Herein lies the question. What happens when you have a dream about a total stranger and then you see this total stranger. Do you tell him/her? Yes. Yes you do, well I do, okay I did. The other night I had a dream that I was in a Karate class and there were only two students. Him and Me. We fought each other and then he designed a website for us. People came from all over the world to see us fight each other as well as random people. We made heaps of money and then I woke up. So I thought, yeah yeah that's a normal dream for me - whateves. BUT THEN I SAW THE OTHER KARATE STUDENT. I saw him at school. Mind you I had never seen him or spoken to him before but regardless of what "social skills" say are acceptable I walked up to him and said:

"Hey I had a dream about you last night." 
He then says to me "I'm sorry what? Do I know you"
Me- "No"
Him-"Oh good I was worried"
I did not know whether to take offense to that or not, so I dismissed it and I told him my dream. Afterward he looked at me and then said
"Thank you, I think" and walked away

Now comes the hard part. I had a dream about a week ago about a boy that I do know. He is in one of my classes and I really like him. Breezy always says to me, "Cait, you do not like him yet because you have not talked to him, you just have a crush on his face" (she's right but don't ever ever tell her). But the only convo I have ever had with this boy was when I was signing up for classes while laying on the floor.

The boy says to me- "Comfy?"
Girl- (really high pitched awkward and nervous laugh) "TOTES!"
Boy- "You look it" then he walked into the bathroom which I did not realize I was laying next to.

Clearly we know each other but not well enough to tell him I had a dream about him. But it is killing me leaving this dream untold. It was not a good dream either - it started off horribly. He and I were paired up in class (against his will) and assigned to go on a date. We went with his best friend and his girlfriend. This kid, lets say Jack, was malicious and down right rude to me. His best friend told me to not to sweat it, and that he would come around. Jack then says, "yeah Cait it's like you don't even know me at all." Then he and I started to date and we went to do laundry together every week...So knowing how I feel about him I clearly can not walk up to him and tell him about this dream I had about him because I don't want him to automatically think I'm creepy. I need him to figure it out on his own, and in slow and minimal doses.

No comments:

Post a Comment