Friday, February 4, 2011

Duster Buster

When I say the word Genie, what is the first thing that comes to your head? 

 The magic lamp...

Then you rub the magic lamp...in your mind...and out pops..


Perhaps you thought of the classic T.V show I Dream of Genie

Or even Miss Christina Aguilera in her perfect 90's smash hit

But you see herein lies my dilemma. When I think of the word Genie, none of those things come to mind. Well at least not first. This is what pops into my head, as well as most of my siblings' heads as well...







In my head Genie is not just a word...it's a name. It's the name of the wonderful fantastic lady who comes to our house every 2 weeks or so and does a full-on scrub down of our house. We are so blessed and lucky to have her in our lives!! She's amazing and funny. However, DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT get her confused with a maid. She  does not come everyday and clean our house like we are some snotty richy rich gross family. No, she just helps make sure everything gets...extra clean. The funny part about it is, G.S.B.D. will say "Genie comes tomorrow" and immediately every child in the house knows that our rooms must be picked up and our beds made. The neighbors even know when Genie has been there, because she smells clean, just like our house smells when she is done. She is Genie with a bottle....of windex

2 comments: