Monday, January 24, 2011

BUTT CALL

I know its an odd thing to love but I love being....butt dialed. You know when your phone is in your back pocket and you call someone by mistake because you sat on the send key. I find it rather amusing! The best part about this weird love affair I have with "the pocket dial" is that once I have answered, and I realize it's a butt call, I feel obligated to continue to listen to everything. Sometimes I wish that something interesting would happen on the other end. Like, I would get to witness (and by witness I clearly mean listen to) a murder, or a break up or something of equal if not greater epicness. I think I secretly hope that the person on the other end will realize what they have done and then make me a plate of cookies to make up for all the time I wasted listening to their pants rub against their phone. I however am hypocritical in my statements. I say when they pocket dial me...but I have been guilty of a butt call or two in my day. I however somehow end up calling someone who on any other occasion I would not talk to. I have their number in my phone because at one point in my life I needed it for something important like a church calling. But now I no longer need it and I end up pocket dialing someone who I have not talked to in ages! Once I realize what I have done, they end up texting me telling me all about how we need to get together soon to catch up...

4 comments:

  1. happens all the time....except my butt always ends up caliing President Ostler....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, since my name is Ashley and I am at the top of most people's contacts lists - I get butt dialed ALL THE TIME!! Sometimes when I realize that the person isn't really meaning to call me, I'm a bit disappointed ...

    One time, when I was in college, my roommates butt dialed our dorm room phone, and on the message I could hear them talking crap about me!! Isn't that so sad!! So my advice - be careful how long you listen ... you never know what you might hear! (But that's the appeal of it right?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahha I just read Ashley's and that is really sad but funny! But what I really came on here to say is that I once butt called Wendy Smith! And neither of us ever mentioned it. Well.. it wasn't a true butt call because it was while I was sleeping but I think that can be worse! Yup. True story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah remember how you and I both are fully capable of using a phone in our sleep. And operating it just as well if we were awake...ya

    ReplyDelete