Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What Reeks?

So I'm sitting at work today, you know, working. When these big shot corporate guys walk in. We usually don't get those in a chemical lab. The people who usually come in are grungy, booshzie, dudes in  T-shirts and jeans. So as you might imagine I was intrigued as to why they were visiting. They said they needed to talk to my boss so I said I would get him. As I walked past my knees went weak and I almost fell over. No, no not from their looks which would be an expected reaction, ha if they were good looking at all. No this was from the dense cloud of cologne they were both wearing. What made it worse was they each had their own specific scent. Like two flowers but much more wretched and repulsive. And now our lobby smells like a grandma fart. I wish this little girl would have lent me that mask.


 You know these people. Who pile and pile on the perfume/cologne. Getting in to a car with them is expected of people who have a death wish. Asphyxiation, what a way to go huh?  I was discussing this with a couple of friends, Jared, and Nic. Jared told me that he rarely wears it because then when he does, on that rare and special occasion, he gets to be the complimentee and the girl gets to be the complimenter for once. Nic agreed that it is nice when there is just a hint of that "boy" smell. Ladies you know what I'm talking about. That tiny ever so slight hint of "his scent" that sends your face into his chest, inhaling for the rest of the night. And every girl knows what "her man" smells like. And every boy knows what "his girl" smells like. Breezy's fiancĂ©e Danny Boy sat next to me in church a couple of weeks ago. He looked at me and then took a giant whiff right next to my face. He sat there for a minute almost savoring the aroma. Then he looked at me with those two different colored eyes and said "Cait! you smell like my ex-girlfriend." Breezy was right next to him and she, oddly enough, just chuckled to herself. I looked at him perplexed. Was I one of those people who piled on the smell? He assured me that I smelled wonderful. He actually really liked the perfume, it just reminded him of the ex. When I go to sleep at night thats what I dream about. Along with most girls I'm sure. To be compared to someones ex-girlfriend. Woof. Right? What do you say to that. I thanked him but lets just say I don't wear that perfume anymore around him. I'm thinking about giving it to Breezy as a birthday present. Then she can remind him of her. AHH HAHA good one Cait.

3 comments:

  1. Catie you are the cutest ever. The End.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So strange that you don't want to remind your best friend's fiance about his ex girlfriend all the time. I don't understand that at all! Ha ha - you make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha so on a whim I decided to check your blog with Daniel right next to me and we read this one and laughed so hard!!! K8 I heart you with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete