Friday, January 21, 2011

Greased

Art is cool


I had to do a project for English class, in which I would bring in a piece of art, or my favorite song.
I brought in this painting. It's called The Lady of Shalott. It is based on a poem by Alfred Lord Tennyson. Its a sweet poem about this beautiful women who lives in a tower outside of Camelot. She is cursed and cannot look at the city directly, only through a mirror. She catches a glimpse of Sir Lancelot and decided she wants to follow him. She leaves her tower and finds a boat and goes to float into Camelot. She does not make it there. She dyes before she gets there. The boat floats into the city and Sir Lancelot finds her. He admires her beauty and decides to lay her to rest. The  painting and the poem have come to be my favorite....painting and poem. They are both haunting and beautiful, sad and desperate and yet in the picture there is a sense of hope. ITS SWEET

No comments:

Post a Comment