Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Skinny-Fat

I have gotten skinny-fat. This is a term commonly used in the sports world, mostly by women. Gymnasts, pole vaulters, distance runners, really any sport in the Olympics. It means you, the so called athlete, used to be in-shape. Then you stopped working out and you are no longer able to do a double back pike into a punch front dismount.  However just because you no longer participate in your chosen sport or activity, does not mean you are fat. These "skinny-fat" people are skinny but out of shape. I came to find this out about myself a couple of weeks ago. I was trying on a new pair of jeans. They were a size smaller than what I normally wear. I fit in them. I know right. NBD. I'm awesome. But that is just the skinny part. The next day while I was texting a friend, I said something to him that was full of hilarity on all ends. A rare and precious moment so I of course had to share the hilarium with someone else. I raced up the stairs to tell G.S.B.D. skipping a couple steps as I went, I was just to excited to slowly walk up ever step. I collapsed as I reached the top of the summit. With the way I eat, and how I feel after any amount of physical activity I should look like the lady below. Luckily I don't.....well maybe I do but I have the shallow hall effect on myself. You know where I seem myself in the mirror as skinny but in reality, I COULD BE HUGE!!....haha I had a dream like that once....beside the point....back to the story....


....Mookie walks buy and we had a conversation that went something like this.

"cait...did you just run up the stairs"
(panting) "yeah"
"and now your out of breath?"
(still panting) "...yeah"
"oh...um...okay should I get mom, or are you going to be okay?"
"I'll be okay just give me a minute"
"do you want like a water or something?"
(long pause)...."yeah"
"okay I'll get you one, you have had a rough day"

I didn't move. I couldn't even think of some witty comment to say back to her, like "well yeah I mean our stairs are like straight vertical, mountain climbers would have a tough time trying to make it up our stairs the way I just did." But my mind was hazy. I stood up, lightheaded, and I had then forgotten why I even came upstairs in the first place. I went into mother natures room, I sprawled myself across her bed, and she, as all sweet mothers do, asked me what was wrong...I told her I couldn't remember. She asked me if I had had a nap today. I told her no. She said well maybe when you wake up you will remember. I fell asleep. I WAS a pathetic excuse for a human being. Saddest part..I never told my mom how funny I was.

1 comment:

  1. That picture is too hilarious. And mean. Sad!

    I have been skinny fat my whole life! I never knew what to call it - now I know. I mean, I'm super fat right now thanks to being 9 months pregnant, but normally, non-pregnant, I'm on the thinner side of life but can't run a quarter of a mile without feeling like I'm totally going to DIE. I have ambitions to remedy that once this baby is out of me, but chances are slim that I actually will!

    I think you're hot, even if you can't climb up stairs :)

    ReplyDelete