Friday, January 7, 2011

Hallelujah

I saw the play version of shrek last night! It was so so good! The cast was awesome the man who played shrek was straight off Broadway. And let me tell you I'm giving my regards to old Broadway because he was phenomenal. I really enjoyed his performance. Princess Fiona I liked her but shrek was so much more powerful, voice wise and acting wise. She held her own though. The donkey was from Broadway but he never played the donkey there. It is a classic story of not judging someone before you know them. Timeless message and it kind of hit home at least for me. In high school my Jr. year my friends and I would on sometimes not talk to someone because we made a pack not to talk to ugly people. I know we are awful!! But here is my question to you


What do you think of these people when you just see their picture?






Alejandro Fuentes




Askil Holm






Espen Lind






Kurt Nilsen









I know right. I thought the same thing. These men are weird looking. Its okay I'll say it, we are all thinking it! Especially Kurt and Askil! I mean those teeth come on! Besides what kind of names are Askil and Espen. Whatever. I judged them.
That is beside the point
The point being I had no idea they came together to form:


Some kind of awkward singing group.
Please please please if you never click any of the links on my page. I am humbly down on both knees asking, no no pleading that you click this one and watch them sing together. It is the most beautiful rendition of the song HALLELUJAH I have ever heard.
We judge. 
Its human nature. 
But we don't always know the whole story.
Mother Teresa once said:
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them"




No comments:

Post a Comment