Monday, January 17, 2011

Flash forward to the past?

I start college tomorrow. Now that statement sounds funny on account of the phrase usually goes "I start school tomorrow." But its not just school that I am starting. Its college. I make it sound like I have never done it before. I have misled you. Right after I graduated I moved out of my house and into a town called Thatcher. This town is now known by my friends and I as t-town, that-cha, thatch nasty and other various names thrown in every now and then.  I attended Eastern Arizona Community College. I lived in the dorms my first year there, with some Hawaiian girls who taught me to hula dance.They were also lesbian and rather touchy with each other. I didn't mind though because I was never there. FLASH BACK to high school, that  is when Breezy and I met. She, Kaylyn and I were all the best of friends.
Left to right Breezy Kaylyn and Cait. 2005-2006

 Then my parents decided they were a bad influence. HA. Good one rents. So we stopped being friends in 10th grade. We were not mad at each other. There were no feelings of ill will, or hate notes sent. We simply were not friends anymore. Nic and I, on the other hand, have always known each other. Freaky how similar  these two pictures are right. this was 1998-1999
And this was 2010.

We are talking childhood friends here people. 
We were cordial in high school but never ran with the same crowd. 

Long story short the three of us did not become close until we all met up coincidently  in Thatch Nasty.

 I spent most of my time at Breezy's house.
She lived with Nic and also with Denim and Brea who are sisters. (as seen from left to right) 2008-2009 

After that year Nic moved back home and Breezy and I spent the following year living together; along with our other roommates Kris and Leisel.
left to right Leisel, Kris, Breezy, Cait 2009

She was only there for a semester (she meaning Leisel) and then Jake moved in.
Top Cait left to right Breezy Kris and Jake 2009-2010

No no team, Jake is not a boy. Her real name is Jaquline or something like that but we always and forever will know her as Jake. She is now on a mission serving the Lord in Ecuador. FLASH FORWARD to present day. In starting school I find myself regressing back to the years 1995-1996. First days of kindergarten. "What do I wear?" "What if I can't make any friends?" "What if I'm late?" "What if I can't find my classes?" Then sweet tender caring mother nature comes into my room. Helps me pick out my outfit for my first day, and calms all of my fears. She says to me now what I remember her saying all those years ago......"baby cait don't worry it's just the jump start jitters."

1 comment:

  1. I know this is super delayed but yeah.. we're hot.At least better than those awkward years when you had braces and I had that awful hair.

    ReplyDelete