Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bond....Father, Son Bond.

First of all sorry I have been gone for so long.
School has started back up and part of me does not know what to do with itself and the other part is still in "summer mode." There is a really cute boy in my cinema class...turns out he dated someone (middle) from my ward. She was "Miss Rodeo Queen" and now she is married...translation...I can't compete with that her, and therefore, in turn, he is out of my league and kind of a jerk...or so I hear. There is another cute boy in my institute class. He has a receding hair line and eyes that kind of bulge out of his head, but I'm not really one to complain or be picky about little things like physical attractiveness. I mean at this point breathing is my only qualification for a boyfriend. This does not in anyway mean I'm desperate, it just means...I'm non-judgmental. HA good one. But I digress. I wanted to tell you about an epiphany I had the other day.
Great father son moments are captured all throughout the movies.
Let me further demonstrate what I am talking about.

The Lion King

First he kills his dad (unintentional)

Then he sees his dad in the clouds

Then he is all "PENNY CAN" and goes and defeats his uncle Scar who actually killed Mufasa in the first place.
"MURDERER"
Classic story of how a father helped his son over come evil

Finding Nemo

First Nemo is embarrassed by his dad

Then Nemo "swims out to sea" and touches the butt boat, and gets kidnapped

Nemo's dad meets Dory, fights all odds to find and save his son



Finally Marlin and Dory find his son Chico sorry Nemo
and they all live happily ever after
Good One

Classic story of a father overcoming obstacles to protect his son


STAR WARS

Mind you I have not seen this movie so I will give you the readers digest version of what happens...well at least to my knowledge. Danny Boy will probably call me out on it

Anakin Skywalker


Adorable kid goes into the teen years and is said to be a total regulation hottie.


HELLO!

Finds a woman on some tattoo island...


Has kids with her, and the kids make out...


So daddy leaves because his kids are gross, and joins the dark side. 
Which really didn't do much for him 
Pros
a cool sword
sweet little white guys follow him around
and the weird blubber dude is on his side...I think



Cons
breathing problem,
a stupid outfit,
his kids are out to kill him

Luke (his son) not knowing he is the son of this evil sinister asthmatic man,
 attempts to fight Darth Vader to destroy the dark side


Darth Vader says "Luke I am your father"


I'm pretty sure after that they had a long father son heart to heart and hashed out all of their buried issues, came to an understanding and hugged it out...I couldn't find a picture of them hugging.
 I guess it's just too chicken tenders for anyone to take a picture.

Finally

THE SANDLOT 
(mind you these are not sum ups of the whole movie its just the father son moments)

Scott Smalls moves into a neighborhood full of kids who play baseball.

He does not know how to throw or catch really. The kids don't like him at first but Benny helps a little



His step dad tries to teach him to play catch but hits him in the face with the ball 
so he puts meat on it


The boys are astounded because now he can play

Then he swiped his dads baseball and then ace's that ball, you know,
 the one signed by Babe Ruth, to the BEAST



But his trusty friend Benny put on his PF Flyers and
 challenged the beast to get the ball back and won!!


and they become best friends forever and take a picture to prove it

Classic story of facing your demons
not stealing from your dad
and putting meat on your face when he tells you to

sorry this is so long BTdubbs.

3 comments:

  1. hahah caitie i freaking love you!! "at this point, breathing is my only qualification for a boyfriend" hahah amen.

    ReplyDelete