Monday, January 31, 2011

Let's take it Back

In my cinema class we are learning about silent movies. Great, movies, but still kind of boring. The next section in our list of things to learn in this class is titled "Hollywood: The Golden Years." Movies like Gone with the Wind, Casablanca, The Wizard of Oz, Singing in the Rain, City Lights, Sunset Boulevard. Actors like Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, Cathrine Hepburn, Marlon Brando, Betty Davis, Spencer Tracy, Charlie Chaplin, Judy Garland, Debbie Reynolds, Gene Kelly and tons more! I love this era 1920-1954. People I'm telling you we need to go back to this vintage and timeless age.
Back to a time when women dressed up and wore hats all the time, for every occasion.



When red lipstick was worn.

Where men were manly and dressed as such. Business men ready to take on the world.
Treating their women with respect and love.

Most of them knowing when to be chivalrous and kind, caring and true, but also knowing when to take her..and kiss her....and kiss the crap out of her.



None of this weird I'm not really a man and I wear tighter pants than my girlfriend crap.
 Who decided that was ok?


The hairstyles. Women are trying to recreate history. 


Everything about this era screams perfection. Pearls, lace, tweed, pinstripe, birdcage, roses, gloves, it all needs to be brought back. It is already coming back into style with todays retro and vintage style of clothing. 




They are trying, but I am talking everyone everywhere needs to start talking, acting, and dressing, as if they walked straight out of the roaring 20's and 30's and into modern day life. Life would be so much better!

2 comments:

  1. ok i love your blog make over! can you teach me please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree more!!! Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant are my favorite actors of all time! I LOVE old movies and I even have Matt converted! The dialog was so witty and fun and you didn't have to worry about seeing tons of boobage or over the top love scenes. Best movies ever!!

    ReplyDelete