Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chump Change.

You know that cup holder full of change in your car? Yeah you do! Come on it's where you put all of those extra coins you have laying around your car. Like the cashier gives you $11.33 back. Where does that 33 cents go? Not in your wallet lets all be honest. This is a safe space. Anyway, I was in line at in and out today. I had three 1 dollar bills in my wallet. What was I going to do - my food was $6.45. I needed to find 3 dollars and 45 cents. The rummaging began. I took everything out of that cup holder.


Dimes, quarters, Canadian coins, a button, nickels, bobby pins and pennies. I was going to find what I needed. I came up with $3.98 and enjoyed my ever so fattening hamburger and Xlarge drink. The Aussie told me the other day that Americans are like super fat and everything here is bigger. Standing ovation for being observant of my backside Aussie. Touche. Moral of the story....because all great children stories have one. Put that little bit of silver....or copper in that cup holder. So when you are in that fast food line, and you know that you should not be eating that burrito from taco bell because you can't afford it. Just remember. You can. When you're at that stop light and you see that homeless man out of the corner of your eye, and you think to yourself I can't feed him because...what kids? Thats right, you can't afford it. Just remember. You can. Change a life. Buy some food. US Currency. Little treasures. Where your cup should be....

No comments:

Post a Comment